A delicious dairy free, mango and banana smoothie recipe, perfect for warm spring days! This dairy free mango smoothie is nutritionally balanced, containing healthy fats, protein, fibre and complex carbohydrates! If you're after non dairy smoothies then you're in the right place!Jump to Recipe
Dairy Free Mango Smoothie Ingredients
This recipe uses whole food ingredients to boost the nutritional value. To make this mango banana smoothie you will need:
- frozen mango pieces (frozen fruit helps to make this smoothie oh so creamy!)
- frozen banana pieces
- coconut beverage (you could also use almond milk, oat milk or rice milk if you like).
- chia seeds (chia seeds are high in fibre, plant based omega 3, magnesium, calcium and other minerals. It's a fantastic food to include in your diet as chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse!).
- buckwheat groats (buckwheat is high in bioflavonoids, B Vitamins and fibre. Buckwheat is technically a seed and not a grain, which makes this smoothie paleo and grain free).
- hulled tahini (tahini is an excellent plant based source of calcium and is a great addition to anyones diet, particularly if you're dairy free).
The ingredients in this smoothie recipe are all dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free. No need for additional sweeteners here as banana and mango are sweet enough already!
If you would like to nutritionally boost this smoothie even more you can add:
- protein powder (a pure protein powder with a neutral flavour is best, such as pea protein, brown rice protein or whey protein isolate).
- probiotics powder
- super greens powder
Don't have all of the ingredients for this mango and banana smoothie? No worries! Here are some ingredient swaps that you can make:
- Swap coconut milk for any other plant based milk, as suggested above.
- Don't have chia seeds? Swap chia seeds for any other seed like hemp seeds, sunflower seeds or flaxseeds. Flaxseeds would be ideal as they are also an excellent source of plant based omega 3.
- Swap hulled tahini for any other nut butter, like almond butter or peanut butter.
- Switch buckwheat groats for rolled oats.
Best Way to Make a Smoothie
You might be wondering what the best way to make a smoothie is? My preferred way to make a smoothie is to put all of the ingredients into a bullet blender or high powered blender. I like to pulse the smoothie first and then blend on high.
Whichever blender you use will need to have the capability to blend ice and frozen fruit, so just check with the manufacturers specifications first (or you might burn out your motor!).
Did you love this mango and banana smoothie? Here's more non-dairy smoothies...
Making dairy free smoothies is kind of my jam. If you liked this mango and banana smoothie then you might also like these:
Berry Smoothie - Dairy Free & Plant Based
Lemon Cheesecake Plant Based Smoothie
Banana & Raspberry Ombre Smoothie
- High Powered Blender or Bullet Blender
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 1 ½ cups mango diced and frozen
- 1 ½ cups banana pieces, frozen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon buckwheat groats
- 1 tablespoon tahini hulled
- 2 cups coconut beverage or almond milk
- Add the mango, banana, chia seeds, buckwheat groats, tahini and coconut beverage to a blender.1 ½ cups mango, 1 ½ cups banana, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 2 tablespoon buckwheat groats, 1 tablespoon tahini, 2 cups coconut beverage
- Pulse on and off for 30 seconds and then blend on high until smooth and creamy (approximately 1 minute).
- Divide smoothie between two glasses and serves straight away.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.
For more healthy eating inspiration follow Our Nourishing Table on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and TikTok.
Leave a Reply