A golden cauliflower chickpea salad recipe that is served with layers of rocket and goats chèvre. The cauliflower and chickpeas are tossed in a spice mix and roasted to crispy perfection. This cauliflower salad is here to show you that salads don't need to be boring!Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for Roasted Cauliflower Salad
This salad is based on easy to find ingredients that pack in a whole lot of flavour. The ingredients you will need for this salad are below:
- tinned chickpeas
- ground turmeric
- garlic powder
- cumin seeds
- cracked black pepper
- flaked sea salt
- rocket leaves
- goats chevre
- flaked almonds
For the lemon dressing you will need:
- lemon juice (fresh is best)
- extra virgin olive oil
- raw honey
How to Make Golden Cauliflower Salad
The process for making this salad is really quite simple with preparation time taking around 15 minutes and a cooking time of 50 minutes.
The first step is to cut the cauliflower into small florets. Add the florets to a large baking dish, add the chickpeas and top with the spices. Lastly, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
Roast the cauliflower and chickpeas for around 50 minutes or until the cauliflower and chickpeas have a crispy outer. It's best to bake these in a 200 degree Celsius oven for around 50 minutes.
While the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, make the salad dressing by adding lemon juice, olive oil and honey to a jar and shaking vigorously to combine.
Once the cauliflower is roasted, remove the baking dish from the oven, add rocket leaves to a salad bowl and top with the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas (they can still be warm), goats cheese, flaked almonds and lemon dressing.
Et voila - a golden cauliflower chickpea salad!
This healthy salad recipe has several benefits, which include:
- 20g protein per serve (when served as a main dish)
- this salad is a complete protein source by mixing plant based proteins like almonds and chickpeas
- healthy fats from extra virgin olive oil
- high in fibre
- vitamin C from cauliflower and rocket
Pin Me For Later
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Salad bowl
- Jar or air tight container
- Sharp knive & chopping board
- 400 g cauliflower
- 400 g tinned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 120 g Rocket leaves rinsed
- 120 g goats chevre
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- Juice of 1 lemon 40mL
- 50 mL extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and cut into small florets. Place florets into a large baking dish.
- Add the rinsed chickpeas to the dish as well as the turmeric, garlic powder, cumin seeds, salt and pepper. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toss to coat as evenly possible.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour, depending on the level of crispiness desired.
- In the meantime, make the lemon dressing by adding the lemon juice, olive oil and honey to a small jar. Place lid onto jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Place flaked almonds onto a baking tray and into the oven for 10 minutes, keeping a close eye on them so that they do not burn. Once nicely toasted, remove from the oven.
- Once the cauliflower is roasted remove from the oven and set aside. Place the rocket leaves into a large salad bowl, top with the chickpeas and cauliflower and then the goats chèvre and finally the toasted almonds. Drizzle with the lemon dressing and serve straight away.
StorageServe salad straight away and store remaining salad in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
ServingThis recipe will serve 4 when served as a main dish or 6-8 as a side dish. Dress the salad with as much or as little salad dressing as desired. Store remaining salad dressing in a sealed jar in the fridge for 4-5 days. Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Love This Cauliflower Salad Recipe? Try these...
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.