This delicious maple dijon vinaigrette is made using simple ingredients, whisked together to cream a creamy and smooth dressing. With the perfect balance of sweet maple syrup, olive oil, dijon mustard and white wine vinegar, this dressing is versatile and elevates even the most boring of vegetables.
Making homemade dressing is so much better for your health as it means you can choose the very best ingredients. This salad dressing is free from refined sugars and added gums, which are often found in large amounts in store-bought dressings.
This dressing can be used to dress various salads, roasted butternut squash and other vegetables. This dressing is inspired by my Lemon Dijon Dressing and Lemon Herb Dressing and pairs perfectly with my Green Beans, Cranberry and Almonds.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
I always get rave reviews when I make this dressing and I know you're going to love it! This simple dressing is about to become a staple in your kitchen and here's why:
- it is quick and easy to make.
- this recipe uses basic pantry staples that are easy to find.
- made using healthy, wholesome ingredients.
- contains healthy fats.
- naturally sweetened with no added sugar.
Whether you're dressing up your favorite fall salad, drizzling over roasted vegetables or elevating your go-to healthy dinner recipes, this maple mustard dressing is sure to become one of your favorite salad dressings!
Ingredients Notes and Substitutions
To make this homemade maple dijon dressing you will need:
- pure maple syrup - always use real maple syrup and not maple flavoured syrup! Maple flavoured syrup contains high fructose corn syrup, which is terrible for your health.
- fresh lemon juice - you could also use store-bought lemon juice in a pinch but fresh tastes much better and doesn't contain any preservatives.
- dijon mustard - an essential for this recipe.
- extra virgin olive oil - you could also use avocado oil, flaxseed oil or macadamia oil. I recommend against using canola oil in this recipe as it doesn't provide a nice flavour.
- white wine vinegar - swap for tangy apple cider vinegar
- sea salt
Making your own dressings is quick and satisfying and this easy recipe is no different! Follow these step-by-step instructions to make the perfect maple vinaigrette.
Step 1: Add ingredients to a mixing bowl. Whisk maple, lemon juice, dijon mustard and white wine vinegar together in a small bowl.
Step 2: Add olive oil. Pour the olive oil in a steady stream while whisking to emulsify the oil and vinegar.
Step 3: Taste and season with salt if desired. I love to add a good pinch of sea salt!
For even less fuss you can also make this dressing in a small jar (like a mason jar) with a tight-fitting lid. Simple add all of the ingredients and shake until emulsified.
Store this vinaigrette in a small glass jar or bottle with the lid on, in the refrigerator for up to one week. Alternatively you could store in an airtight container (glass is preferable to avoid any toxins leaking from the plastic into the dressing).
How to Use Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
Here are my favourite ways to use this delicious dressing!
- drizzled over roasted sweet potatoes, butternut squash or potatoes.
- tossed through your favourite delicious salad.
- drizzled over a fall harvest salad.
- used to dress a pear salad or crispy apple salad like my Kale, Cranberry and Apple Salad.
- pour over roast chicken or fish.
This simple vinaigrette has many health benefits. Here are some reasons why using this salad dressing will help you on your healthy eating journey!
- adding healthy oils to fresh greens (leafy or otherwise) helps your body to absorb more of the fat soluble vitamins from the vegetables.
- vinegar helps to increase our digestive acids, which improves our uptake of nutrients from the food we are eating.
- the healthy fats from extra virgin olive oil have been shown to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure.
- 1 Medium Mixing Bowl or small jar with lid
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- 40 mL white wine vinegar
- 20 mL lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 60 mL extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Add the white wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard and maple syrup to a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.40 mL white wine vinegar, 20 mL lemon juice, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- While whisking, start pouring the olive oil into the bowl in a steady stream. Whisk until the dressing is well combined, smooth and creamy.60 mL extra virgin olive oil
- Taste and add salt if desired. Whisk to combine.sea salt
StorageStore this dressing in a glass jar with a lid, in the fridge for up to seven days.
- dress your favourite leafy greens.
- pour over a fall harvest bowl or roast vegetable salad.
- drizzle over roasted chicken or grilled fish.
- drizzle over roasted vegetables.
This is a keeper recipe. So delicious.