A dairy free berry smoothie recipe with hidden greens - this delicious plant-based smoothie has healthy fats, fibre, omega 3 and lots of antioxidants! Plus, read on for how to meal prep smoothies.Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
Dairy Free Berry Smoothie Ingredients
This is a light and refreshing berry smoothie without yoghurt and is packed with antioxidants, calcium, plant-based omega 3 and fibre! You will need:
- mixed berries (frozen) - filled with antioxidants, fibre, vitamin C and so much more! Berries are a powerhouse food. Using frozen fruit in smoothies makes them super creamy and refreshing!
- banana (frozen) - banana contains fibre, complex carbohydrates, vitamin B, potassium and magnesium.
- flaxseed meal (also known as linseed meal) - flaxseed meal is an excellent source of plant based omega 3, insoluble fibre and protein!
- tahini - if you follow a dairy free diet then tahini is an excellent food for you to incorporate into your diet. Why? Because it is a really great source of calcium! Not to mention healthy fats, magnesium and protein.
- spinach - because I'm a sucker for hiding vegetables in everything, spinach is a wonderful low starch vegetable that provides a wide array of nutrients including iron and folate. Blended up in a berry smoothie, you can't even notice that it's there!
- coconut beverage - but you could use any type of plant-based milk here like almond milk, cashew milk etc. Be mindful that a lot of coconut beverage products contain added sugars and gums - I've gone with a brand that is literally just coconut, brown rice, sea salt and water.
How to Make
Making this plant-based berry smoothie is as easy as blend and serve! Here's how:
How to Meal Prep Smoothies
If you love meal prep and would like to add this berry smoothie to your next meal prep session, then here's how:
- Add all of the solid ingredients for a single smoothie to a sealable bag (I LOVE these Silicone Pouches for this purpose).
- Place the silicone pouches into the freezer. When you're ready to make your smoothie, simply empty the contents of the pouch into the blender, top with your choice of milk and blend!
I would personally add nuts and seeds when adding the milk, rather then freezing them. This includes nut and seed butters and meals as well (like tahini and flaxseed meal).
Pin For Later
Create a Pinterest board called 'recipes to make' and pin this image to your board.
Loved This Spinach Berry Smoothie? Try These...
Lemon Cheesecake Plant Based Smoothie
Green Smoothie Recipe - Plant Based
Banana and Raspberry Swirl Breakfast Smoothie
- High Powered Blender or Bullet Blender
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 1 cup mixed berries frozen
- ½ banana frozen
- 1 cup baby spinach loosely packed
- 2 teaspoon linseed meal flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon tahini hulled
- 1 cup coconut beverage or other plant based milk
- Add the mixed berries, banana, spinach, tahini and flaxseed meal to a blender drum.1 cup mixed berries, ½ banana, 1 cup baby spinach, 1 tablespoon tahini, 2 teaspoon linseed meal
- Top with plant based milk of choice.1 cup coconut beverage
- Blend on high until a smooth and creamy texture is reached. There should be no lumps.
- Serve straight away with an extra drizzle of tahini on top if desired.
- For additional protein add a scoop of a neutral flavoured natural protein powder.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.
For more healthy eating inspiration follow Our Nourishing Table on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and TikTok.
This blog post contains affiliate links. I earn a small commission if you purchase a product through an affiliate link, at no additional cost to you. I only recommend products that I use and love. Earning affiliate income helps me to continue creating free recipes for my readers.
Leave a Reply