This homemade honey balsamic dressing is quick and easy to make and a delicious way to dress up a salad, roasted veggies or steamed veggies. Or like I have here on my Beetroot Salad. You likely already have the 5 ingredients you need in the pantry! Plus read onto see the healthiest oil for salad dressing!Jump to Recipe
The ingredients that you will need for this honey mustard balsamic dressing are:
- good quality balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil (extra virgin is recommended as it is the least processed and has the highest nutritional value)
- wholegrain/seeded mustard (try and find a mustard that is preservative free and free from artificial flavours)
- honey (I always opt for a local bush honey or raw honey over the overly processed honey's)
- sea salt
Here's why homemade salad dressings are better for you then store-bought:
- Store bought salad dressings are often high in refined sugars. When you make you're own you can control what type of sugar and how much goes into your dressing.
- Most store bought salad dressings use highly processed oils like canola, sunflower oil and other vegetable oils. Making your own salad dressing means you can pick the best oil.
- Making your own salad dressing means that you can avoid added artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Healthiest Oil For Salad Dressing
So I mentioned that we want to avoid store bought salad dressings so that we can steer clear of overly processed oils. But you might still be wondering what the healthiest oil for salad dressing is? Here is a list of my favourites!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Macadami Oil
- Hemp Seed Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
Hot tip: Hemp seed oil and flaxseed oil are both excellent to use if you are trying to boost your omega 3 status!
How to Make Honey Balsamic Dressing
Ok, this recipe is literally SO easy to make that you don't really need this step by step guide, but here goes anyway!
How to Use Homemade Balsamic Dressing
Use this delicious Homemade Balsamic Dressing to top any salad really! I love to use it to drizzle over roasted vegetables or use it in this delicious Beetroot, Goats Chèvre and Candied Walnut Salad!
Pin For Later
Did you love this Honey Balsamic Dressing? You might like to try these...
- small jar with lid
- measuring cups and spoons
- 60 mL olive oil extra virgin
- 40 mL balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- pinch sea salt
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, wholegrain mustard, raw honey and sea salt to a jar.60 mL olive oil, 40 mL balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard, 1 teaspoon raw honey, pinch sea salt
- Firmly screw the lid onto the jar and shake vigorously until salad dressing is emulsified (well combined).
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.