This avocado green goddess salad dressing recipe is a fresh and creamy dressing, perfect for any salad! Made using avocado, fresh herbs and lemon, this dressing is filled with a heap of nutrients including healthy fats and is made in less then 10 minutes!
The best thing about this salad dressing is how versatile it is. Different herbs can be used depending on what you have on hand. In addition, this dressing can also be made low FODMAP and dairy free.
Use Avocado Green Goddess Dressing to dress salads like Cobb salad or potato salad. It also makes a delicious accompaniment to our Vegan Corn Fritters.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's true that a good salad dressing really makes a salad. It takes boring lettuce leaves and turns them into something spectacular. This avocado salad dressing is bound to become your new favourite, you will want to make it again and again! Here's why:
- This dressing is gluten free and dairy free yet so, so creamy.
- Use this dressing as a spread, dip or a dressing!
- This dressing can be easily made low FODMAP.
If you are looking for a flavoursome salad dressing that is oil free and healthy then this is the recipe for you!
To make this vibrant, zingy salad dressing you will need:
- Ripe avocado
- Coconut yoghurt
- Flat leaf parsley
- Lemon Juice
- Sea salt
See the recipe card for quantities.
- Food processor or blender - I've used a bullet blender.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- Dessert spoon.
How to Make Avocado Salad Dressing
Making this dressing is as simple as blend and use. Follow the instructions below to see how easy it is!
STEP 1: Add ingredients. First, add the green avocado, fresh parsley, garlic, yoghurt, salt and lemon juice to a food processor or blender.
STEP 2: Blend. Next, blend on high until the dressing is smooth and creamy. Use straight away or store in an airtight container or glass jar with a lid.
This avocado dressing recipe is very flexible! See the possible substitutions below:
- Fresh parsley - use any fresh herbs in place of parsley including basil, green onion or chives.
- Coconut yoghurt - if you are not dairy intolerant or vegan, swap coconut yoghurt for plain Greek yoghurt, natural yoghurt or sour cream.
- Lemon juice - can be swapped for lime juice, white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Garlic - leave garlic out if making low FODMAP.
Change up this dressing to suit your tastes! Here are some additions you can make.
- Spicy - add chilli flakes or fresh chilli to add bite to this green dressing.
- Mexican - use coriander and lime juice for a Mexican twist.
- Thin - add extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil or water to thin out this dressing if desired.
This dressing will last for up to four days in the fridge in a sealed, airtight container.
Green goddess dressing is a thick, creamy salad dressing made using yoghurt or sour cream, herbs, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and avocado. The ingredients will differ per recipe.
Green goddess dressing has a fresh, herbaceous, lemony taste. It is flavoursome but not overpowering.
What to Put Green Goddess Dressing On
Green goddess dressing can be used in many different ways. Here are some delicious ways to use this dressing that you will love.
- Drizzle over roasted vegetables or Crispy Air Fried Potatoes.
- Dip vegetable sticks into for a healthy snack.
- Spread onto toast and top with an egg for breakfast.
- Serve on a platter alongside vegetable sticks, crackers and cheeses.
- Use to top fritters with.
Store this salad dressing in an airtight container or glass jar with a lid. Keep in the fridge for up to four days.
- Food Processor or blender
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Dessert spoon
- 1 large avocado seed and skin removed
- 1 cup fresh herbs like parsley, basil, tarragon etc
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup coconut yoghurt
- 80 mL lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients into a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.1 large avocado, 1 cup fresh herbs, 1 clove garlic, ¼ cup coconut yoghurt, 80 mL lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- If a thinner dressing is desired, add 1-2 tablespoons of water and blend again.
- Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Serve over your favourite salad, to top fritters or nourish bowls!
StorageStore in an airtight container or glass jar with a lid in the fridge for up to 4 days.
UseUse as a dip, spread or dressing.
- Dress your favourite salads with green goddess dressing.
- Add to a platter with vegetable sticks and crackers.
- Spread over toast.
Make Low FodmapTo make low FODMAP, omit garlic.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by giving the recipe a star rating and commenting below.