This Lemon Dijon Dressing is a delicious homemade salad dressing using extra virgin olive oil, honey, lemon juice and dijon mustard. I love using extra virgin olive oil for dressing salads with as it is a minimally processed oil, high in polyphenols. Plus learn the best oil and vinegar dressing ratio (or in this case, lemon juice!).
Ingredients for Lemon Dijon Dressing
Homemade salad dressings are so easy to make and can be made using very easy to find, everyday ingredients. You only need 5 ingredients for this lemon mustard dressing. They are:
- lemon juice - fresh is best
- extra virgin olive oil
- dijon mustard
- sea salt
Oil and Vinegar Dressing Ratio
You may notice that in all of my homemade salad dressing recipes, I use the same ratio of oil to vinegar (or in this case, oil to lemon juice). After years of experimenting with different ratios I have found that the best ratio is 3:2 oil to vinegar (or other acid). So for example, I will use 60mL of olive oil to 40mL of lemon juice.
With this oil and vinegar dressing ratio you have a more well rounded flavour that isn't overly acidic.
How to Make Salad Dressing
In my opinion, there are two ways to make a salad dressing - the "proper" way and the cheats way. I use the cheats way.
The proper way is to add all of your ingredients to a bowl and whisk and whisk and whisk until the ingredients are emulsified. This just means that they're mixed together and won't split apart again.
Because I love a good short cut, I use the cheats way! This is how I make my salad dressings:
- Add all of the ingredients into a jar.
- Place the lid on and shake vigorously until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour over your favourite salad and enjoy!
Pin For Later
Love This Lemon Dijon Dressing? Try these...
- small jar with lid
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey & sea salt to a jar. Shake vigorously until well combined.60 mL olive oil, 40 mL lemon juice, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon honey, pinch sea salt
- Drizzle dressing over your favourite salad and enjoy.
StorageStore in a glass jar with the lid firmly secured, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.