The perfect lemon herb dressing to drizzle over salads, steamed vegetables, fish or chicken! This homemade salad dressing takes 5 minutes to make, using just 6 ingredients.Jump to Recipe
With 6 simple ingredients you can have this perfectly balanced, zingy, lemon herb salad dressing (also known as a lemon herb vinaigrette). You will need:
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice (fresh is best)
- raw honey
- sea salt
- dijon mustard
- fresh herbs like parsley, basil or marjoram
How to Make Homemade Salad Dressing
Making salad dressings at home is really easy to do (plus they're much better for you then store-bought). Here's how:
- Choose your oil - for this lemon herb salad dressing I have used extra virgin olive oil.
- Choose your acid - for this recipe I have used lemon juice but you could also use apple cider vinegar.
- Balance with sweetness - using honey helps to balance the tang of the acid.
- Balance with salt - adding salt balances out the sweet flavour.
- Add flavour - I like to add things like wholegrain or dijon mustards or herbs. In this recipe I have used dijon mustard.
I find the perfect ratio for oil:acid is 3:2 - or like in this recipe I have used 60mL oil:40 mL lemon juice.
How to Use Lemon Herb Salad Dressing
Here are some of my favourite ways to use my Lemon Herb Dressing:
- use to dress a leafy green salad, garden salad or greek salad.
- drizzle over steamed vegetables.
- drizzle over roasted sweet potato, potato or Brussels sprouts.
- use to dress pasta salad or spaghetti.
Pin For Later
Loved this Lemon Herb Salad Dressing? Try these...
- measuring cups and spoons
- Small jar
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- 60 mL olive oil extra virgin
- 40 mL lemon juice fresh
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon basil parsley or marjorim, finely chopped
- pinch sea salt
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, salt and herb of choice to a small jar.60 mL olive oil, 40 mL lemon juice, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 tablespoon basil, pinch sea salt
- Place the lid on and shake vigorously to emulsify.
- Store in fridge for up to 7 days.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.