This Mediterranean style gluten free pasta salad recipe makes for a delicious side dish (perfect for bringing to your next gathering) or add to your meal prep routine (just add your favourite protein!). Dressed with Lemon Dijon Dressing, this salad is light and flavoursome.
To make this delicious gf pasta salad you will need:
- Gluten Free Pasta - a Fusilli pasta works well for this salad. Of course if you aren't gluten intolerant then you can use regular pasta instead of gluten free.
- Cherry Tomatoes - I like to buy a punnet of mixed variety cherry tomatoes but choose whatever you prefer.
- Kalamata Olives - it's best to use pitted Kalamata olives (because no-one likes breaking a tooth on an hidden olive pit!).
- Capsicum - I've used yellow capsicum in this recipe as it has a slightly milder flavour, red capsicum would also work well.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - other herbs that could be used are curly parsley or basil.
- Red Onion
- Lemon Dijon Dressing - the perfect subtle flavour for this gluten free pasta salad.
How to Make Gluten Free Pasta Salad
This salad is really, really simple to make. You will need to:
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
- Strain the pasta and add to a large salad bowl.
- Top with the chopped capsicum, onion, cherry tomatoes, flat leaf parsley, Kalamata olives and dressing.
- Toss to combine.
Meal Prep Salad
This is a great salad to add to your meal prep rotation! Here's some tips to meal prep this salad:
- Prep the salad as per the recipe instructions.
- Divide the salad between 4-6 glass containers and place the lid onto each and store in the fridge.
- Choose a protein to go with the salad. Some great proteins that work well with this recipe are tuna in spring water, cooked chicken breast or Atlantic salmon steaks.
Pin For Later
Love this Gluten Free Pasta Salad? Here are some more salad recipes...
If you loved this pasta salad then you might like to try these:
- Large saucepan
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Salad Servers
- small jar with lid
- 350 grams gluten free pasta
- 1 large yellow capsicum diced
- ½ medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 300 grams mixed cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
Lemon Dijon dressing
- 60 mL olive oil
- 40 mL lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions.350 grams gluten free pasta
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by adding the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, honey, dijon mustard and sea salt to a jar. Shake vigorously to combine.60 mL olive oil, 40 mL lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Once the pasta is cooked, strain and transfer to a large salad bowl.350 grams gluten free pasta
- Add the cherry tomatoes, capsicum, red onion, Kalamata olives and parsley to the bowl. Top with lemon dressing and then toss to combine.1 large yellow capsicum, ½ medium red onion, 1 cup Kalamata olives, 300 grams mixed cherry tomatoes, 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- Serve straight away or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
ServingThis salad serves 4 as a main dish and 6-8 as a side dish.
Did you make this recipe? Tell us how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.