This simple and healthy Asian Style Slaw recipe is delicious and so versatile! Serve alongside your favourite protein, with crispy chicken and mayo on a burger, with salmon and rice in a poke bowl, the options are endless!Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for Asian Style Slaw
All of the ingredients in this recipe are available from most supermarkets. To make this yummy Asian Coleslaw you will need:
- Wombok Cabbage
- Red Cabbage
- Spring Onion
- Snow Peas
- Sesame Seeds
- Sesame Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Raw Honey
How to Make Asian Coleslaw
This recipe comes together in less than 20 minutes. Here's how:
One of the things I love the most about this salad is its versatility. Here are some ideas for serving this Asian Coleslaw recipe.
- On a burger with crispy chicken and mayo.
- As a poke bowl with rice, Atlantic salmon, mayo and kimchi.
- On tortillas with salt & pepper tofu.
- Alongside barbecued steak, tofu or marinated chicken.
- Topped with a fried egg and crispy fried spring onions.
- Served with crispy tofu.
Pin For Later
Loved this Asian Slaw recipe? Try these...
- Small saucepan
- Large mixing bowl
- Small bowl or glass jar
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- ½ head red cabbage finely sliced
- ½ head wombok cabbage finely sliced
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 100 g snow peas thinly sliced
- 1 cup coriander loosely packed, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds black or white
Asian Slaw Sauce
- 3 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Add the sesame seeds to a small saucepan on a low heat. Stir frequently to toast, being very careful not to burn. Remove from the heat and pour into a small bowl immedietaly to stop further toasting.
- Add the red cabbage, Wombok cabbage, spring onion, snow peas, sesame seeds and coriander to a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Make the dressing by adding the tamari, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, honey and garlic to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Alternatively, add to a jar, place the lid on and shake vigorously. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.