This lemon tahini dressing recipes is a perfectly balanced dairy free, yet creamy dressing. Perfect to drizzle over roasted vegetables, nourish bowls and salads.Jump to Recipe
How to Make Tahini Dressing
This homemade tahini dressing is incredibly easy to make. Simply:
- add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy, OR
- add all ingredients to a jar and shake vigorously until thick and creamy.
That's it! It is so quick to make homemade salad dressings and far healthier too! Most shop-bought salad dressings are high in refined sugars and artificial colours and flavours. Making your own dressing means that you are using real ingredients (no chemicals or numbers) and you can control the amount and type of sugar that goes in.
Ingredients for Tahini Dressing
For this dairy free salad dressing recipe you will only need 6 ingredients, which are:
- lemon juice
- dijon mustard
- sea salt
I prefer to use hulled tahini but you could also make this dressing with unhulled or even black tahini.
This dressing makes enough for one large salad with some remaining (depending on how heavily you like to dress your salads that is). The remaining dressing can be stored in a sealed jar and kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tahini is essentially sesame seed paste and is a highly nutritious food. It is an excellent source of calcium, making it a beneficial food for those following a dairy free diet. It is also a great source of:
- plant based protein
- healthy fats
Loved this dairy free dressing recipe? Try these...
Pin Me For Later
- Citrus juicer
- measuring spoons and cups
- glass jar with lid
- 35 ml lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon tahini unhulled
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients into a jar, place lid on securely and shake vigorously until thick and creamy.35 ml lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 2 tablespoon tahini, 1 tablespoon water, Pinch sea salt
- Alternatively, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Store the tahini dressing in a glass jar with the lid on in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.