This Creamy White Bean Dip with Basil is like pesto married white beans and had a delicious, zesty baby. This creamy basil white bean dip is dairy free and gluten free. If you're looking for gluten free dairy free dips that taste great, I'm here for you!Jump to Recipe
The ingredients for this vegan white bean dip can all be easily found at the supermarket. They include:
- tinned white beans (like cannellini or butter beans)
- sea salt
- lemon juice
- fresh basil
- natural coconut yoghurt
A few tips on the ingredients - it is best to use all fresh ingredients! This means:
- fresh basil (not the pureed basil in a tube),
- fresh lemon juice (squeeze it yourself, don't use lemon juice from a container - it just doesn't taste the same and often contains preservatives),
- and fresh garlic!
It may be a tiny bit more effort but your taste buds will thank you for it.
How To Make Creamy White Bean Dip
Follow the simple step by step instructions below to make this nutritious and wholesome, protein packed dip.
You can blend the dip until the basil is completely incorporated, however I like to leave it with a little bit of texture. This is completely up to you of course.
Serving and Storage
If serving this dip straight away, I like to create a swirl in the top of the dip and then top with fresh cracked pepper, sea salt flakes and finely chopped basil or basil flowers if you're feeling fancy. Serve with toasted pitta bread cut into quarters and vegetable crudités.
Store this dip in an airtight container in the fridge for approximately 3 days.
Loved this Vegan White Bean Dip recipe? Try these Dairy Free Dips...
Pin Me For Later
- Blender or food processor
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 1 400g tin butter beans rinsed and peeled
- ½ lemon juiced
- 3 tablespoon natural coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup basil leaves loosely packed
- 1 garlic clove ends trimmed and skin removed
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Serve straight away or refrigerate in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.