This homemade sriracha mayo recipe is an insanely delicious spicy sauce that can be used as a dipping sauce for French fries, drizzling over poke bowls or used in sushi rolls. Sriracha mayonnaise is a little spicy and oh so delicious and is made using just 3 ingredients.
To make this recipe super quick and easy I have used store-bought mayo. I love that it has a touch of sweetness from the mayonnaise and the perfect amount of spice (for my tastes anyway!). This delicious sauce has become my new favourite condiment, it really takes so many dishes to the next level. Try adding it to my Baked Salmon Poke Bowl, you won't regret it!
Ingredients Notes & Substitutions
This creamy sauce is made using just 3 simple ingredients! Below are the ingredients used as well as any notes or possible substitutions. The ingredient quantities and full recipe can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- sriracha sauce - this popular condiment is available from most grocery stores or Asian grocers. Sriracha is a hot sauce made from chilli and originated from Thailand. If you can't find sriracha then you can experiment with different types of hot sauce.
- mayonnaise - I prefer a mayo made from whole eggs as I prefer the taste. You can also use kewpie mayonnaise. To make a vegan sriracha mayo, or if you have other dietary requirements, like you are allergic to eggs, then you can use a vegan mayo.
- fresh lemon juice - you can also use lime juice in place of lemon juice. Or you can use bottled lemon juice, however I always prefer the taste of fresh.
How to Make Spicy Sriracha Mayo Sauce
It really is as simple as adding the sriracha, mayonnaise and lemon juice into a small bowl and whisking until smooth and well combined. I have used two teaspoons of sriracha and think this is the perfect amount of spice for me, but you may like to play around with the ratio of mayo-to-sriracha if you prefer more spice.
The best way to do this is to just add a little extra sriracha, taste and add more until you reach your desired spice level.
This is the perfect condiment for so many different dishes. Here are some of my favourite ways to use this spicy mayo recipe.
- fish tacos
- hot dogs
- poke bowls or grain bowls
- sweet potato fries
- in sushi
It's best to store this creamy sriracha mayo in a glass jar with a firmly fixed lid or a glass airtight container, in the fridge. It stores well for up to one week.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Citrus juicer
- ½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- To a small bowl add the mayonnaise, sriracha and lemon juice.
- Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Store in a glass jar with a firmly fixed lid, or a glass airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to one week.
- sushi rolls
- poke bowls
- grain bowls
- hot dogs
Leave a Reply