Avocado Oil Salad Dressing is filled with healthy fats and Vitamin E. With a delicate lemon flavor and slight sweetness from honey, this salad dressing is perfect for drizzling over your favorite salads.
Avocado oil is a neutral tasting oil, with a very high smoke point making it a healthy alternative for cooking and frying, which means that this salad dressing can also be used as a marinade. Like olive oil, avocado oil contains oleic acid, a monounsaturated fatty acid that promotes heart health. Did you know that dressing a salad with an oil like avocado oil helps to improve the absorption of certain nutrients from the fruits and vegetables? Just make sure you buy
What's To Love About Avocado Oil Salad Dressing
- healthy - avocado oil is a healthy oil high in nutrients like Vitamin E and Oleic Acid, which have many health benefits. Homemade salad dressings are much better for you then store bought as you can choose exactly what ingredients to use, meaning you can avoid a lot of added sugar.
- delicious - this flavorful dressing has a delicate lemon flavor, making it perfect for a variety salads like pasta salad, buddha bowls, green salad and more.
- quick and easy to make - this salad dressing takes just 5 minutes to make and lasts for a few weeks in an airtight container in the fridge, making it perfect to meal prep!
Ingredients Notes & Substitutions
You only need a handful of simple ingredients for this avocado oil vinaigrette recipe. You can usually find cold pressed and organic avocado oil from the grocery store in the oil aisle. Otherwise check your local health food store or online. Here's what you'll need:
- avocado oil - avocado oil is a neutral oil with the natural antioxidant, Vitamin E. It can be replaced in this recipe for Extra Virgin Olive OIl. I would steer clear of most other vegetable oil as they are usually highly processed. Also, make sure you buy edible avocado oil from the grocery store - there is avocado oil available that is used in beauty products, which is not for internal consumption.
- fresh lemon juice and lemon zest - you need ¼ cup of lemon juice, which is approximately the juice from 1 lemon. I recommend buying two lemons to be safe as some lemons don't yield much juice. I always zest the lemon before juicing it as it is a lot easier this way. You can also swap for lime juice and lime zest if desired.
- apple cider vinegar - white wine vinegar is a suitable substitute for apple cider vinegar in this recipe. I love using apple cider vinegar with the "mother" as it provides some probiotics.
- honey - feel free to use pure maple syrup instead of honey if that's what you have on hand.
- sea salt flakes - if you're using finely ground sea salt then use around ¼ teaspoon and add more after tasting at the end if needed.
- cracked black pepper
Here are some additional ingredients that you can use to add extra flavor if desired.
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- fresh dill or other fresh herbs
- pinch of cayenne pepper
How to Make Avocado Oil Dressing
Like many homemade salad dressings and vinaigrettes, this avocado oil salad dressing is incredibly easy to make. Here's how.
First, add the lemon juice and zest, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
While whisking, start slowly pouring in the avocado oil. Continue whisking until all of the oil has been poured into the bowl and the ingredients are well combined.
Store in an airtight container or glass jar (like a mason jar) with the lid firmly secured. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. The oil will start to solidify at cool temperatures. Pull the dressing out of the fridge and allow to sit at room temperature until it becomes liquid again. Give the dressing a good shake before using.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Citrus juicer
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Begin slowly pouring in the avocado oil into the lemon mixture while continually whisking.
- Whisk until well combined. Store salad dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. Pour over your favorite salad.