This Coconut and Raspberry Cake is a delicious and healthy bake. If you're looking for a gluten free cake recipe that is also paleo, dairy free and refined sugar free then you have found it! Top this coconut flour cake with yoghurt of choice and a drizzle of honey, this cake is healthy enough to eat for breakfast!Jump to Recipe
The ingredients that you need to make this gluten free cake can all be found at your local supermarket. They include:
- Coconut flour
- Blanched almond meal/almond flour
- Baking powder (I always opt for aluminium and gluten free)
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut cream
- Coconut beverage
- Frozen Raspberries
How to Make Coconut Raspberry Cake
This cake is very simple to throw together. Here's how it is done:
Making A Coconut Flour Cake
Making a coconut flour cake recipe can have its challenges. Coconut flour was my nemesis for some time but I have it all figured out now. The trick is to not use too much. I only ever use a max of half a cup per bake. At this amount it increases the density and moistness but it doesn't mean you need to add ridiculous amounts of extra liquid, only to end up with a weird wet texture. Basically, coconut flour is very high in fibre which absorbs a lot of liquid. If you use a lot then you need to add a lot more liquid. If you use a little, you don't really need to add more liquid but you get the coconut flavour and a nice texture. It's best used in combination with other flours or meals.
More Raspberry Recipes You Might Like
Raspberry Chia Pudding - Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegan
Chocolate Raspberry Loaf - Gluten free & Dairy Free
Banana & Raspberry Swirl Smoothie - Vegan & Dairy Free
Pin For Later
Don't want to forget this dairy free cake recipe? Create a board in Pinterest called "Recipe to Make" and pin this image to your board.
- 2 mixing bowls
- Baking Paper
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder aluminium free
- 270 mL coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut beverage or other plant based milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups raspberries frozen
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius. Line a rectangular cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the almond meal, coconut flour and baking powder. Whisk to combine.2 ½ cups blanched almond meal, ½ cup coconut flour, 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut cream, coconut beverage, honey and vanilla until well combined and honey is completely incorporated into mixture.270 mL coconut cream, ½ cup coconut beverage, 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, ½ cup honey, 4 large eggs
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add the raspberries to the cake mixture and stir through.1 ½ cups raspberries
- Pour the cake mixture into prepared cake tin.
- Place cake into the oven and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. The cake should be golden on top and spring back when gently pushed in the centre.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool.
Did you try this gluten free cake recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.