This healthy, gluten free pecan pie recipe is hands down one of my new favourite desserts. This dairy free pecan pie is also refined sugar free, made on a base of eggs, rapadura sugar and coconut oil. If you're on the search for healthy pecan desserts then look no further!
This healthy pecan pie recipe is made using gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free ingredients. To make this pie you will need:
- eggs (free range)
- vanilla extract
- rapadura sugar
- cinnamon powder
- pure maple syrup
- extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- sea salt
- Gluten Free Pie Crust
How to Make Gluten Free Pecan Pie
Why buy pecan pie when you can make your own so very easily! I mean, sure, store bought pecan pie is convenient but is it healthy? Unlikely. Does it taste as good as this one? Hell no. Here's how it is made:
How to Freeze a Pecan Pie
If you're wondering, "can I freeze pecan pie" then the answer is yes. The best way to do so is to slice the entire gluten free pecan pie and freeze in a large container. If you have a smaller container you can layer slices of pecan pie between sheets of baking paper. Allow to defrost on the kitchen bench or reheat in the microwave for 1 minute (or more depending on big the slice of pie is).
How Long Does Gluten Free Pecan Pie Last?
This Gluten Free Pecan Pie will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator and 2 months in the freezer.
Do you have to refrigerate pecan pie?
Yes. I would definitely recommend refrigerating this pie - particularly in warmer climates.
Love this Healthy Dessert Recipe? Try these...
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup room temperature
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil melted and at room temperature
- ½ cup rapadura sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- ½ teaspoon salt flakes
- 1 pre baked sweet pastry tart shell
- Prepare and par-bake 1 sweet pastry tart.1 pre baked sweet pastry tart shell
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- On a baking tray place ½ cup of pecans and roast for 10minutes, remove and chop roughly when cooled.1 ½ cups pecans
- In a mixing bowl whisk together maple syrup, rapadura sugar, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla and salt flakes.¼ cup pure maple syrup, 3 large eggs, 4 tablespoons coconut oil, ½ cup rapadura sugar, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, ½ teaspoon salt flakes, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- When combined, add chopped pecans and pour into a prepared tart shell.1 ½ cups pecans
- Arrange the remaining one cup of pecans on top of the tart.1 ½ cups pecans
- Place in the oven for 15-20 mins untilfilling is set. Check the tart at 8 minutes to ensure the pastry is not browning too quickly. If it is, loosely place a piece of aluminium foil gently over the tart with out touching the filling to protect the pastry.
- Remove from the oven and cool before slicing.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.