This delicious choc chip tahini cookie recipe is nut free, refined sugar free, gluten free and dairy free. These cookies make for a delicious and nutrient packed school lunchbox snack (or anytime snack).Jump to Recipe
Intolerance / Allergy Friendly Recipes
It's important that you know that while I often create recipes that are gluten free, dairy free, egg free and nut free, this does not mean that I think these foods are the enemy or "bad". The reason I create recipes that are free from all of these foods is to cater for those with allergies and intolerances. Eggs, nuts and dairy are all highly nutritious foods, but they are common allergens. Gluten can be found in many whole grains, which can be highly nutritious for some, pain inducing for others.
As someone who is digestively challenged, I've recognised over the years, which foods sit well with me and which foods turn me into a bloated, crampy mess. But let me tell you, if I could eat gluten and dairy without the pain and discomfort, then you bet your bottom dollar I would be eating it (because who really wants to miss out on croissants amiright?).
But the sad truth is, like many others, my digestive system just isn't up to the challenge. If that sounds familiar then you will find many recipes here that leave your tummy feeling a little happier with life. If not, then enjoy these yummy recipes that just so happen to be (mostly) gluten free and dairy free.
Nut Free Cookie Recipe
I've found recently that there is a real shortage of healthy, gluten free vegan recipes that are also nut free. While almond meal is one of my personal favs, it's no good if you are either:
- allergic to almonds, or
- trying to pack nut free lunches for school or kindy.
So I've been on a bit of a mission lately to come up with yummy recipes that are:
- nut free
- dairy free
- egg free
- refined sugar free
- gluten free, and
- based on wholefood ingredients.
These Vegan Choc Chip Tahini Cookies happen to tick all of those boxes! Yay!
How to Make Choc Chip Tahini Cookies
I don't think that a cookie recipe could get any easier, really. This recipe is as simple as:
- Adding all of the ingredients into a bowl.
- Mixing them to form a dough.
- Rolling the dough into balls and placing on a baking tray.
- Baking for 17 minutes.
Wallah! Done. No blenders required, just one bowl and a spoon.
Loved this Nut Free Tahini Cookie recipe? Try these...
Pin For Later
- 1 cup tahini
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark choc bits
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the tahini, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Once well combined add in the coconut flour and stir with a spoon to combine.
- Mix through the dark choc bits.
- Form dough into small balls and place on baking paper lined tray. Repeat until all of the dough has been used.
- Press each ball down gently with a fork to flatten slightly.
- Place into oven and bake for 17-20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, store tahini cookies in an airtight container on the bench top.
- Swap chocolate chunks for cacao nibs if desired.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating this recipe and commenting below.