These Gluten Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. Made with whole food ingredients like almond butter, flaxseed and cacao powder - these chocolate cookies are irresistible yet healthy! If you're looking for a nourishing cookie to satisfy your cravings then these Dairy Free Chocolate Cookies are for you!
If I were to describe these gluten free dairy free chocolate cookies in one word it would be "brookie" or "briscuit" or "biscuibrownie". Yeah ok, so this isn't really working for me. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that these cookies are like a brownie and a cookie in one. Ah, yum. The almond butter gives them this amazingly dense texture on the inside while being crispy on the outside. Sah good. As usual with all of my recipes these cookies are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. I'm experimenting a lot more with egg free recipes and this is one of them so this recipe also has the added benefit of being vegan. Oh, and they are also grain free as Buckwheat is technically a seed not a grain.
Are these Dairy Free Chocolate Cookies Healthy?
The short answer? Yes. These biscuits are:
- gut friendly - being totally gluten free, refined sugar free and grain free
- high in protein and healthy fats thanks to the almond butter
- contain a bioflavonoid called Rutin thanks to the buckwheat flour
- high in antioxidants and fibre
I'm always trying to create snacks that deliver the 3 macronutrients (complex carbohydrates, good fats and protein) as this helps to stabilise blood sugar levels and provide a sustained energy source. Let me tell you, these gluten free double chocolate chip cookies definitely fit the bill.
These vegan gluten free cookies are made using healthy, whole food ingredients including:
- almond butter
- pure maple syrup
- coconut sugar
- buckwheat flour
- almond meal/almond flour
- cacao powder
- flaxseed meal
- aluminium free baking powder
- plant based milk
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Cookies
Using almond butter and a flax egg helps to bind these gluten free chocolate cookies, meaning there is no need for eggs. To make these delicious gluten free chocolate cookies simply:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Once baked allow to cool on tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
P.S. These cookies are DELICIOUS eaten warm, straight out of the oven!
Pin me for later
Loved these Vegan Gluten Free Cookies? Try these...
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup almond meal blanched
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoon plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal or linseed meal
- 3 tablespoon water
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips vegan
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- To make the flax egg, whisk together the flaxseed meal and water and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flax egg, almond butter, almond meal and pure maple syrup.
- Once well combined, add in the buckwheat flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, coconut sugar, cacao and plant based milk. Stir to combine.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, take a scoop or spoonful of mixture and roll into a ball. Place on a baking paper lined baking tray. Repeat this step until all of the mixture is used.
- Using your hand, press each cookie down gently and neaten around the edges for a nice, round shape. Top each cookie with chocolate chips.
- Place tray into the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, remove biscuits from the oven and allow to cool on tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container once cooled.
Did you make this recipe? Tell us how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.