Homemade strawberry milk is the perfect after school snack. This strawberry milk recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and plant based. Made using fresh strawberries, this cute strawberry milk is healthy and tasty!
This strawberry milk recipe makes for a fun after school or kindy treat, minus the artificial flavours, colours and preservatives that you would find in a store bought strawberry milk (paired perfectly with my Spelt Chocolate Chip Cookies). Being a homemade strawberry milk, you can pick your favourite milk to use.
There are only 4 ingredients in this recipe. They are:
- Strawberries - fresh or frozen.
- Pure maple syrup - not maple flavoured syrup.
- Vanilla Extract
- Milk - soy milk works well in this recipe as it is nice and creamy. Alternatively you could use dairy milk, almond milk or oat milk.
How to Make Homemade Strawberry Milk
This homemade strawberry milk recipe is so easy to make! Follow these steps to see how:
STEP 1: Make Strawberry Sauce. Make the strawberry sauce by stewing strawberries, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract on a medium heat. Once the strawberries are soft and almost disintegrating and the liquid is starting to thicken slightly then remove them from the heat.
STEP 2: Blend. Allow the strawberries to come to room temperature before blending them in high in a bullet blender, high powered blender or food processor.
STEP 3: Make Strawberry Milk. To make the dairy free strawberry milk, spoon approximately 2 tablespoons into each glass or cup and top with the milk of your choice. Stir vigorously to combine. Alternatively you can mix in a jar or bottle and shake to combine.
Hint: This recipe makes enough strawberry sauce for around 6 milks, but this depends on the size of the strawberry milks you are making and how strong or weak you would like it. Store the remaining strawberry sauce in the fridge in a sealed glass jar or container.
This recipe makes enough strawberry sauce for at least 6 strawberry milks. Keep any remaining strawberry sauce in the fridge in a sealed glass jar and use within 3-4 days.
You can also use the strawberry sauce for a number of other uses such as:
- drizzled over ice cream
- spooned on top of porridge or overnight oats.
- served with yoghurt
Change up this recipe easily with the below substitutions:
- change strawberries for raspberries
- use raw honey instead of maple syrup
- swap maple syrup for ¼ cup coconut sugar + ¼ cup water
- use any kind of milk
Loving this Homemade Strawberry Milk Recipe? Here are some more you might like..
Looking for More Healthy Drink Recipes? Try these...
- High Powered Blender
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 500 grams strawberries fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups soy milk or other milk of choice eg. coconut almond, rice or dairy.
- Place the strawberries into a small saucepan and bring to a low-medium heat.500 grams strawberries
- Stir frequently until the strawberries have completely defrosted (if frozen) and stewed (strawberries should be completely soft and liquid-like).
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Allow to cool before transferring to a high powered blender and blend on high until the mixture is a smooth consistency. A stick blender can also be used.¼ cup pure maple syrup, 3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add about 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture to a cup or glass and top with 1 cup of milk and ice if desired.6 cups soy milk or other milk of choice eg. coconut
- Serve straight away.
Did you make this recipe? Tell us how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.