Homemade strawberry milk is the perfect after school snack. This strawberry milk recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and plant based.Jump to Recipe
My kids die for strawberry milk. They seriously love it! But my middle daughter has a dairy intolerance so we avoid dairy as much as possible. This strawberry milk recipe makes for a fun after school or kindy treat, minus the artificial flavours, colours and preservatives that you would find in a store bought strawberry milk. And because it is homemade you can pick your favourite milk to use with it.
Ingredients For Strawberry Milk
There are only 4 ingredients in this recipe. They are:
- strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- pure maple syrup (not maple flavoured syrup)
- vanilla extract
- your favourite milk eg. soy milk, almond milk, oat milk, dairy milk etc
For this recipe we use soy milk for my daughters and dairy milk for my son (because the lucky duck isn't intolerant like myself and the girls). I have made this recipe using coconut milk, almond milk and soy milk and I've found that it works best with soy as it is much more creamy. It still tastes great regardless so whichever milk you would like to use will be fine.
How to Make This Strawberry Milk Recipe
The first step to making this yummy recipe is making the strawberry sauce. You do this by stewing strawberries, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract on a medium heat. Once the strawberries are soft and almost disintegrating and the liquid is starting to thicken slightly then remove them from the heat. Allow the strawberries to come to room temperature before blending them in high in a bullet blender, high powered blender or food processor.
Once you've made the strawberry sauce, spoon about 2 tablespoons into each glass or cup and top with the milk of your choice. Stir vigorously to combine. Alternatively you can mix in a jar or bottle and shake to combine.
This recipe makes enough strawberry sauce for around 6 milks, but this depends on the size of the strawberry milks you are making and how strong or weak you would like it.
Ways to Use Strawberry Sauce
This recipe makes enough strawberry sauce for at least 6 strawberry milks. Keep it in the fridge and use within 3-4 days. If you and/or get sick of strawberry milk don't worry, this strawberry sauce tastes AMAZING! Here are some other ways that you can use it:
- drizzle strawberry sauce over ice cream
- use it to top your porridge
- use it to top yoghurt and granola
- mix with vodka and kombucha for a delicious cocktail
- drizzle over brownies
The options are endless!
Or you could try your hand at making your own Homemade Chocolate Milk using my Vegan Tahini Chocolate Sauce recipe!
Change up this recipe easily with the below substitutions:
- change strawberries for raspberries
- use raw honey instead of maple syrup
- swap maple syrup for ¼ cup coconut sugar + ¼ cup water
- use any kind of milk
Loving this Strawberry Recipe? Here are some more you might like..
Looking for More Healthy Drink Recipes? Try these...
- measuring cups and spoons
- 500 grams strawberries fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups soy milk or other milk of choice eg. coconut almond, rice or dairy.
- Place the strawberries into a small saucepan and bring to a low-medium heat.
- Stir frequently until the strawberries have completely defrosted (if frozen) and stewed (strawberries should be completely soft and liquid-like).
- Add the maple syrup and stir to combine. Allow to cool before transferring to a high powered blender and blend on high until the mixture is a smooth consistency. A stick blender can also be used.
- Add about 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture to a cup or glass and top with 1 cup of milk and ice if desired.
- Serve straight away.
Did you make this recipe? Tell us how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.