These air fryer meatballs are a delicious and healthy dinner or snack, cooked in just 9 minutes in your air fryer. These meatballs without breadcrumbs are gluten free and are so versatile! Add to a spaghetti sauce for meatballs and spaghetti, serve with tzatziki as an appetiser or with salad for a light dinner. Or meal prep these meatballs and freeze raw as I've included instructions for cooking frozen meatballs in an air fryer as well!
Don't have an air fryer? Don't worry, this recipe includes instructions for cooking in a conventional oven as well!Jump to Recipe
I love this gluten free meatball recipe because they are so quick to make! You can literally have dinner ready in under 25 minutes! Now, that is my kind of dinner! Read on to see the ingredients you'll need, cooking instructions and serving suggestions.
Meatballs Without Breadcrumbs
To make these quick and easy gluten free, air fryer meatballs you will need:
- Beef Mince - I prefer to use grass fed as it has a healthier nutrition profile then grain fed beef.
- Sea Salt Flakes - I've used sea salt flakes in this recipe, if you're going to use granular salt then you will need ½ a teaspoon, not a full teaspoon!
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- Fresh Oregano - finely chopped
- Fresh Parsley - finely chopped
- Egg - I always opt for free range as I like to think that the chickens are living a happy life.
- Garlic - I mince the garlic by grating it on the fine side of a grater and then finely chopping, if you have a garlic mincer then use that!
- Brown Onion - I recommend grating the onion in this recipe so that you don't have onion chunks throughout the meatballs. Grated onion creates a nicer flavour as the onion disperses more easily throughout the mince mixture.
- Tapioca Starch - you could also use corn flour or arrowroot flour. Because this is a meatball recipe without breadcrumbs, the tapioca is needed to help bind the mince.
How to Make
It is very simple to make meatballs in an airfryer. Here's how:
Can I Cook Air Fryer Meatballs in the Oven?
Yes! If you don't have an air fryer, you can still cook these meatballs in the oven. Simply:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Add the meatballs to the baking dish and place into the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
You could also fry these meatballs as well but I find baking them or cooking in the air fryer to be much quicker and less messy!
Can I Cook Frozen Meatballs in the Air Fryer?
Yes! I've tested cooking the raw, frozen meatballs in the air fryer and it takes 15 minutes at 180 degrees. This means you can prep your meatballs in advance and have them in the freezer ready to go for dinner on a night when you don't have the time or energy to cook.
I love how versatile these air fryer meatballs are! Here's some suggestions for serving them:
- Serve on pita with hummus and salad.
- Add to a Mediterranean bowl with cherry tomatoes, tzatziki, kalamata olives and lettuce.
- Serve with tzatziki, hummus or babaganush as an appetizer
- Make a simple spaghetti sauce and serve as Meatballs & Spaghetti
- Pack into lunchboxes as a high protein snack
Pin For Later
Loved these Air Fryer Meatballs? Try These...
If you love how quick and easy these meatballs in the air fryer are, then you might like to try these recipes!
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Air Fryer or Oven
- Dinner Plate or Baking Tray
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 brown onion grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano fresh, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch corn flour or arrowroot flour
- 1 egg
- To a large mixing bowl add the beef mince, garlic, onion, parsley, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, egg and arrowroot flour.500 g lean beef mince, 4 cloves garlic, 1 brown onion, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 tablespoon oregano, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes, Cracked black pepper, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- Using hands mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of mixture and form into a meatball. Place the meatball onto a plate and repeat this step until all meatballs or made.
- Place the meatballs into the air fryer. Set the air fryer to 180 degrees Celsius and cook for 12 minutes.
- To cook in a conventional oven, grease baking dish and place meatballs into dish and into a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
Meal PrepMeatballs can be frozen raw and cooked from frozen in the air fryer. To cook from frozen, place the frozen meatballs into the air fryer, set the temperature to 180 degrees Celsius and cook for 15 minutes.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.