This Paleo Tzatziki is perfect for anyone following a low carb, paleo diet. This delicious Coconut Yoghurt Dip is dairy free and vegan as well! Try this flavoursome Vegan Tzatziki Tzatziki is a delicious dip or sauce to dip veggies or crackers into or to add to a Mediterranean bowl.Jump to Recipe
This recipe is made with just 6 ingredients! You will need:
- Lebanese cucumber
- Natural coconut yoghurt (not coconut flavoured yoghurt)
- Dill (you could also swap this for mint if you prefer)
- Sea Salt Flakes (the amount of salt specified in this recipe is for sea salt flakes, if using granular sea salt you will need to use half the specified amount).
- Crushed Garlic (I use fresh garlic and finely grate it)
- Lemon Juice (fresh always tastes best!)
Making Dairy Free Tzatziki
Who knew that vegan tzatziki could taste SO good? Plus it's so simple to make so it's a win win really! The first step to making this paleo tzatziki is to remove the excess liquid from the grated cucumber, so that the tzatziki doesn't end up watery. Here's how:
You could also strain the liquid off the cucumber by placing the grated cucumber into a cheesecloth and squeezing as much liquid out as possible.
Next, it's time to make the vegan tzatziki.
Serving Suggestions for Coconut Yoghurt Dip
Here's some ways to use this Dairy Free Tzatziki:
- on a burger
- on a platter with vegetable sticks and crackers
- use it to dip flat bread into
- top broccoli & sweet potato fritters with it
Loved this Paleo Tzatziki? More Dairy Free Dips
Pin For Later
Want to remember this recipe for later? Create a Pinterest Board called "Recipes to Make" and pin this image to it.
- Cheese Cloth or Seive
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber finely grated
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt natural
- 1 tablespoon dill finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Extract as much liquid as possible from the grated cucumber by placing grated cucumber into a sieve atop a bowl. Use hands to squeeze and push out as much liquid as possible. Alternatively, place grated cucumber into a cheese cloth and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.1 medium Lebanese cucumber
- Add the grated cucumber to a bowl with coconut yoghurt, dill, garlic, sea salt and lemon juice.1 cup coconut yoghurt, 1 tablespoon dill, 1-2 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon sea salt, 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix together with a spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with veggie sticks and flat bread on a platter or store in a sealed glass container in the fridge for up to 4 days until ready to use.
Serving SuggestionsServe this vegan tzatziki with crackers, flat bread and vegetable sticks on a platter, add to burgers, sandwiches or salads.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.