Love tzatziki but your tummy doesn't love dairy? Try this flavoursome Vegan Tzatziki Sauce recipe that's made without dairy! Tzatziki is a delicious dip or sauce to dip veggies or crackers into or to add to a Mediterranean bowl.Jump to Recipe
This recipe is made with just 6 ingredients! You will need:
- Lebanese cucumber
- Natural coconut yoghurt (not coconut flavoured yoghurt)
- Dill (you could also swap this for mint if you prefer)
- Sea Salt Flakes (the amount of salt specified in this recipe is for sea salt flakes, if using granular sea salt you will need to use half the specified amount).
- Crushed Garlic (I use fresh garlic and finely grate it)
- Lemon Juice (fresh always tastes best!)
Making Dairy Free Tzatziki
Who knew that vegan tzatziki could taste SO good? Plus it's so simple to make so it's a win win really! The first step to making tzatziki is to remove the excess liquid from the grated cucumber, so that the tzatziki doesn't end up watery. Here's how:
You could also strain the liquid off the cucumber by placing the grated cucumber into a cheesecloth and squeezing as much liquid out as possible.
Next, it's time to make the vegan tzatziki.
Here's some ways to use this Dairy Free Tzatziki:
- on a burger
- on a platter with vegetable sticks and crackers
- use it to dip flat bread into
- top broccoli & sweet potato fritters with it
More Dairy Free Dips
Pin For Later
Want to remember this recipe for later? Create a Pinterest Board called "Recipes to Make" and pin this image to it.
- Cheese Cloth or Seive
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber finely grated
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt natural
- 1 tablespoon dill finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Extract as much liquid as possible from the grated cucumber by placing grated cucumber into a sieve atop a bowl. Use hands to squeeze and push out as much liquid as possible. Alternatively, place grated cucumber into a cheese cloth and squeeze as much liquid out as possible.1 medium Lebanese cucumber
- Add the grated cucumber to a bowl with coconut yoghurt, dill, garlic, sea salt and lemon juice.1 cup coconut yoghurt, 1 tablespoon dill, 1-2 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon sea salt, 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix together with a spoon until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with veggie sticks and flat bread on a platter or store in a sealed glass container in the fridge for up to 4 days until ready to use.
Serving SuggestionsServe this vegan tzatziki with crackers, flat bread and vegetable sticks on a platter, add to burgers, sandwiches or salads.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.