Learn how to make homemade granola with this delicious and healthy Toasted Granola Recipe! Serve with your favourite yoghurt and seasonal fruit for a fresh and satisfying yet quick breakfast or snack.Jump to Recipe
How to Make Homemade Granola
Making homemade granola is SO easy and very quick. This healthy toasted granola recipe takes no longer then 5 minutes to throw together and 25-30 minutes in the oven. Make homemade granola in 3 simple steps:
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the pure maple syrup, almond butter and extra virgin olive oil in a seperate bowl.
- Mix the maple mixture through the dry ingredients until evenly coated, spread out evenly across the base of a baking dish and place into the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
See, easy! Make sure to remove the granola from the oven half way through, toss with a spoon and then return to the oven to finish baking to create an even toast.
Why Make Your Own Toasted Granola?
Making your own granola is quick, easy and leaves the kitchen smelling hella good! It also means that you know exactly what is going into your food, giving you control over the type of sweetener used.
Feel free to use this recipe as a base and switch out ingredients for other preferred ingredients if desired. Some ideas are:
- add dried blueberries or chopped dried dates
- make nut free by using tahini instead of almond butter and sunflower seeds instead of cashews
- swap out any of the seeds for other seeds you may have at home. Some examples are using pepitas, linseeds or sesame seeds.
- use honey or brown rice malt syrup instead of maple syrup
My favourite way to serve granola is with yoghurt and berries, but here are some other suggestions for you:
- use this granola to top porridge or overnight oats for some crunch factor.
- straight up - just add milk!
- use it to top your next smoothie or smoothie bowl
Pin Me For Later
Looking fore more healthy granola recipes? Try these...
- 2 mixing bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Large Baking Dish
- 2 cups rolled oats wheat free
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon linseed meal
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl add the rolled oats, hemp seeds, linseed meal and sea salt. Stir to combine.
- In a seperate smaller mixing bowl add olive oil, maple syrup and almond butter. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the maple mixture into the dry mixture and stir well with a spoon until well combined and evenly coated.
- Pour the granola mixture into and baking dish and spread out evenly across base. Place into oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven at 15 minutes and use a spoon to toss granola. Place back into oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from oven and allow to cool before transferring to a glass jar or container to store.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.