A healthy granola recipe for when the whether starts to cool in the mornings but not quite enough to warrant a cooked breakfast. The warming flavour of ginger makes this honey, ginger and pecan homemade granola recipe perfect for your Autumn breakfast.Jump to Recipe
The ingredients for my healthy homemade granola are simple and easy to find at any grocery store. They include:
- raw honey
- ground ginger
- sunflower seeds
- macadamia oil
That's it! Just 6 ingredients and you can have this delicious, autumnal breakfast.
How to Make Healthy Granola
Making homemade granola is a very simple process. Granola is essentially made up of ingredients like nuts and seeds, oats, dried fruits, coconut flakes etc. To make granola you simply need to mix an oil with a sweetener and stir this through your dried mixture. A key part of granola is that it is then baked in the oven. This creates a deliciously crispy, nutty texture and flavour.
My healthy granola recipe is no different! Simply:
- whisk together the honey and macadamia oil in a small bowl.
- Add the oats, pecans, sunflower seeds and ground ginger to a bowl.
- Pour the oil mixture into the oat mixture and stir it through to evenly coat the dried mixture with the honey and oil.
- Spread the granola across the base of a baking dish and bake until crispy, golden and fragrant.
Storing Homemade Granola
The best thing about making a homemade toasted granola is that it stores really well! Once the granola is completely cooled, pour into a large airtight glass jar and place the lid on. Store this toasted granola in the pantry for approximately 3 weeks (ours never lasts this long so I can't tell you for sure that it will last longer than this).
How to Serve Healthy Granola
Some simple serving suggestions for this honey ginger granola are:
- serve with warmed milk
- use to top yoghurt along with seasonal fruit
- sprinkle on top of your favourite smoothie for some added crunch factor!
Loved this homemade granola recipe? Try these...
Pin Me For Later
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup macadamia oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add rolled oats, pecans, sunflower seeds and ground ginger to a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- In a seperate smaller bowl whisk together the macadamia oil and honey. Pour honey mixture into the oats mixture and stir to through to evenly coat.
- Spread out across the base of a baking dish and place into oven to bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir with a spoon. Return back to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from oven and use an egg flip to stir granola, pushing it from the base of the dish. Allow to cool in the baking dish completely before transferring to a airtight jar for storage.
- serve with yoghurt and seasonal fruit
- use to top your smoothie for extra crunch
- serve in a bowl with warm or cold milk
Did you try this granola recipe? Rate the recipe and comment below to let us know how you went.