If you love chocolate then you're going to want to try this Chocolate Vegan Tart! Think a luscious, vegan chocolate ganache filling held together with a golden, gluten free pie crust. Yum!
My somewhat healthy chocolate tart is egg free, dairy free, gluten free & vegan. If you're wanting to create a showstopper dessert for your next party then, my friend, look no further!Jump to Recipe
I'm just starting out in my gluten free tart journey for Our Nourishing Table. And what better tart to start with than a vegan chocolate tart? This luscious and smooth, rich chocolate filling is complimented perfectly with a crispy and golden, Gluten Free Sweet Shortcrust Pastry.
Vegan Chocolate Ganache
This recipe calls for my Gluten Free Sweet Shortcrust Pastry as the pie crust. For the filling? A rich vegan chocolate ganache made with just two (yes, two!) ingredients. You will need:
- vegan dark chocolate
- tinned coconut milk
That's it. I'm not even joking. If you're wanting to get a little fancy you can top the tart with:
- mixed fresh berries
- toasted hazelnuts
- edible flowers (serious fancy factor here)
Mini Vegan Chocolate Tarts
Use mini tart cases to create mini vegan chocolate tarts. This recipe will make approximately 6 mini tarts, depending on the size of your tart cases!
Vegan Raspberry Tart
To make this variation, add 1 cup of fresh raspberries to the ganache and stir through before pouring the ganache into the tart shell. Alternatively, you could scatter the raspberries across the base of the baked tart shell and pour the ganache over the top.
Because the chocolate ganache in this tart is quite rich, I would suggest serving with berries (as pictured) and a dollop of your favourite cream or thick coconut yoghurt.
How to Make
Once you've followed the instructions on how to make the pie crust, then all you need to do is make the vegan chocolate ganache, pour the ganache into the baked pie crust and set. Here's how:
Pin For Later
More Gluten Free Dairy Free Desserts
- Food Processor
- Tart tin
- Heat Proof Bowl
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 1 portion gluten free sweet shortcrust pastry
- 250 grams dark chocolate vegan
- 540 mL coconut milk tinned
- 2 cups raspberries blueberries or blackberries
- ½ cup hazelnuts toasted
- Bake the shortcrust pastry as per the recipe instructions.1 portion gluten free sweet shortcrust pastry
- To make the ganache, break the dark chocolate up into chunks and place into a glass bowl atop a saucepan of boiling water. Stir occasionally while melting.250 grams dark chocolate
- Once chocolate is completely melted, pour the coconut milk into the dark chocolate and whisk until smooth and glossy.540 mL coconut milk
- Pour the chocolate ganache into the baked tart shell. Place into the refrigerator for 1 hour to set, or longer depending on how firm you would like the ganache.
- Once set, remove from the refrigerator and top with berries and hazelnuts if desired.2 cups raspberries, ½ cup hazelnuts
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.