This keto roasted radishes recipe makes for a vibrant and fresh side dish, perfect for a barbecue or festive occasion. Coated in a lemon and honey vinaigrette and served with butter beans and marinated artichoke hearts, this side dish delivers on flavour.
Let Me Radish You
Radishes when eaten raw have a real bite but when roasted they become the perfect vehicle for a delicious dressing. Not to mention that they are simply beautiful with their vibrant pink outer.
Roasting radishes is very simple. I like to cut the leaves off but leave a small amount of stalk as this crisps up beautifully in the oven. Make sure that you give the radishes a good wash to remove any dirt that may still be on them. Radishes can be roasted whole or cut in half or quarters as seen in this recipe.
Place your radishes into a baking dish, drizzle with quality extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the radishes so that they are evenly coated before roasting them for 50 minutes to an hour at 180 degrees Celsius.
Health Benefits of Radishes
Radishes aren't just beautiful, they are highly nutritious as well. Some of the nutrients that can be found in radishes include:
- vitamin C
- riboflavin (B2)
Radishes are also low in carbohydrates - not that I have any issue with carbohydrates at all - carbohydrates are happiness. BUT if you are avoiding carbs then radishes are a good option for you. For those following a Keto Diet, this recipe is low carbohydrate and classed as Keto.
How to Make a Lemon Vinaigrette
Homemade dressings are so easy to make and are a much healthier option then most store bought dressings. Making your own vinaigrette is as simple as combining an acid, an oil and some sweetness. The ingredients in this vinaigrette are:
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- raw honey
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
Simply add all of the ingredients to a jar and shake vigorously (with the lid on of course) to combine. Homemade dressings keep well in the fridge for 1-2 weeks (depending on the ingredients used).
How to Serve Keto Roasted Radishes
This keto roasted radishes recipe is delicious on it's own or served as a side dish to your favourite protein. Some proteins that would go perfectly alongside this dish are:
- Grilled Snapper or other white fish of choice
- Herbed Chicken Breast
- Quiche or Zucchini Slice
These are just some suggestions but really these roasted radishes have a really versatile flavour that can pair well with just about anything.
Pin Me For Later
Like the look of this plant based recipe? Try these...
- Large Baking Dish
- Chopping Board
- Small jar
- 2 bunches radish
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 400 g broad beans tinned, strained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup fresh dill loosely packed, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice strained
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare radishes by cutting the leaves off each radish, leaving approximately 1cm of stalk attached. Slice each radish in half and place into baking dish.
- Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the radishes and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 55 minutes or until slighlty browned on the outside and tender when pierced with a fork.
- To make the lemon vinaigrette add lemon juice, olive oil, lemon zest, salt and honey to a small jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over the roasted radishes, top with dill, butter beans and artichoke and toss to combine. Transfer to a platter to serve.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.