A refined sugar free passionfruit coulis recipe that is also dairy free and gluten free. This delicious passionfruit sauce is perfect to accompany Chia Pudding, porridge or drizzled over ice cream. If you're wondering what to do with passionfruit pulp than this is the recipe for you!
You will need just four simple ingredients for this passionfruit coulis recipe. They are:
- fresh passionfruit pulp
- honey (preferably raw honey)
- tapioca starch
How to Make Passionfruit Coulis
To make this passionfruit sauce you will need a tablespoon measure, a spoon and a whisk. Follow the steps below to make this delicious passionfruit coulis recipe:
Is Passionfruit Pulp Healthy?
Passionfruit pulp is very good for you! It provides good levels of the following nutrients and phytochemicals:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Passionfruit pulp is also low glycemic index, making it a great option for those with insulin sensitivity or type 2 diabetes.
So you're thinking, "This looks great but what the heck will I use passionfruit coulis for?". Well here are some ideas for you:
- layer with coconut yoghurt, nuts and chia pudding.
- use to top overnight oats
- use to top porridge
- serve with yoghurt, berries and toasted almonds
- drizzle over ice cream
Pin For Later
Save this image to Pinterest for later!
Loved this Passionfruit Coulis Recipe? Try these...
- 1 Spoon
- 1 Tablespoon Measure
- 1 Saucepan Small
- 1 Whisk
- 13 passionfruit fresh
- 2 tablespoon honey raw
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoon water
- Slice the passionfruit in half and use a spoon to scoop out the passionfruit pulp into a small saucepan. Repeat until all the passionfruit are used.13 passionfruit
- Add honey to saucepan and bring to a low-medium heat on the stovetop. Continue to stir until the honey is completely dissolved and mixture is warm.2 tablespoon honey
- Add tapioca to water and stir to combine.1 tablespoon tapioca starch, 2 tablespoon water
- Pour tapioca mixture into passionfruit and whisk straight away to combine.
- Continue stirring while the liquid simmers. Once slightly thickened and glossy, remove from the heat, and pour into a clean jar. Place the lid on tightly and store in the fridge until ready to use.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.
For more healthy eating inspiration follow Our Nourishing Table on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Pinterest.
Leave a Reply