This Passionfruit chia pudding is full of flavour with a delightful crunch factor (thanks to the chopped walnuts). Layered with passionfruit coulis and coconut yoghurt - this definitely has a tropical chia pudding vibe.
Chia pudding is a high protein breakfast or snack. Topped with chopped nuts and yoghurt, this passionfruit chia pudding delivers protein, healthy fats like omega 3 and lots of fibre.
To make this delicious breakfast or snack you will need:
- chia seeds
- coconut milk (or another plant based milk)
- pure maple syrup
- coconut yoghurt
- passionfruit coulis or fresh passionfruit pulp
How to Make Chia Pudding
If you're wondering how to make chia seed pudding, then let me show you just how easy it is. Chia seed pudding is one of my go-to lunchbox snacks as it is highly nutritious and can be made nut free to suit schools and kindy's. Of course there are different ways to make chia pudding but this is how I like to do it.
Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe Substitutions
The best thing about chia pudding is just how versatile it is. Even though this is a recipe for passionfruit chia pudding, if you can't find passionfruit or you just don't like it then change it up to suit your taste. Here's some ideas:
- swap the passionfruit for mango, pineapple, banana, peaches or any other fruit that you prefer.
- use any other chopped nuts to top the chia pudding, like almonds, Brazil nuts, pecans etc.
- for nut free, leave out the nuts and swap for crunchy granola.
- if you want to go for a full blown tropical chia pudding, add pineapple chunks, mango & banana.
There is really so much you can do with this recipe.
Try These Chia Pudding Recipes
Pin For Later
Save this image to Pinterest to remember this recipe for later.
- 1 Small Mixing Bowl
- 1 Whisk
- Sharp knife
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk beverage
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup pure
- ¾ cup coconut yoghurt
- ¼ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- ½ cup Passionfruit couli or fresh passionfruit
- Add chia seeds, coconut milk and maple syrup to a bowl and whisk to combine.¼ cup chia seeds, 1 cup coconut milk beverage, 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Whisk every few minutes to prevent clumping. Once the chia seeds have begun to absorb the liquid, add ½ cup of coconut yoghurt, whisking through.¾ cup coconut yoghurt
- Cover the bowl and place into the fridge until the chia pudding is thick and has fully absorbed the liquid.
- Serve in small glasses or a bowl, layered with passionfruit coulis, the remaining coconut yoghurt and chopped walnuts.¾ cup coconut yoghurt, ¼ cup walnuts, ½ cup Passionfruit couli or fresh passionfruit
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.