This baked stuffed apples recipe is healthy yet incredibly delicious and lux. Best served with a scoop of ice cream, these healthy granola stuffed baked apples are the perfect Autumn dessert recipe!Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for Baked Apples
This beautiful autumn dessert recipe can be made with just 6 ingredients!! They are:
- pink lady apples
- coconut sugar
- rolled oats
- oat flour
- butter (or vegan butter)
While this recipe is low gluten, it is not technically gluten free as most oats are contaminated with gluten as a result of how they are processed. This recipe can be made dairy free by replacing the butter with vegan butter or coconut oil. Just as a note, with coconut oil the granola mixture will be more crumby and fall apart as opposed to using butter or vegan butter, which will make nice clumps of crispy granola.
If you struggle to find oat flour, you can actually make your own! All you need to do is add rolled oats to a high powered blender or food processor and blend on high until you have a fine, flour consistency.
Healthy Stuffed Baked Apples Recipe
If you're looking for a healthy dessert to serve your guests at your next dinner party then look no further. This baked stuffed apples recipe is a healthy option while still being completely delicious. These apples will leave your kitchen smelling amazing!
What's healthy about these baked apples?
- They use whole food ingredients like oats, which have a low glycemic index and are high in fibre.
- This baked apples recipe has no refined sugars, using coconut sugar only.
- Apples are full of nutrients and fibre.
- Pecans offer a plant based protein source while adding a delicious nutty flavour.
How to Make
This recipe is very simple to make. Simply:
- Preheat the oven.
- Cut the tops off each apple and use an apple corer to remove the apple cores.
- Mix together the granola mixture and stuff each apple with granola, making sure there is a bit more added to the top to get that crispiness!
- Place the apples into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Pin For Later
Loved This Granola Stuffed Baked Apples Recipe? Try these...
- Dairy Free Rice Pudding with Chocolate Sauce
- Healthy Breakfast Berry Crumble
- Almond Flour Crepes
- Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups
- Apple Chai Spiced Muffins with Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple corer
- Sharp knife
- Chopping Board
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- Baking dish
- 8 pink lady apples
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup pecans finely chopped
- 100 g butter softened
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a large baking dish with olive oil and set aside.
- Take an apple and remove the top 2 cm of the apple, stem still in-tact. Use a corer to remove the core of apple from the bottom piece. Place the apple into the baking dish and the apple top next to it. Repeat this step with the remaining apples.
- Make the oatmeal stuffing by adding coconut sugar, rolled oats, oat flour and pecans into a bowl. Stir to combine. Add the butter to the bowl and use fingertips to rub the butter into the oat mixture. Once combined, use fingers to stuff mixture into each cored apple, with a small amount spilling out of the apple.
- Once all apples are stuffed, place baking dish into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Once baked, remove from the oven.
- To serve, place a stuffed apple onto a plate and place the baked apple top on top. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream (if desired).
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.