This berry crumble recipe is healthy enough to eat for breakfast. It is refined sugar free, dairy free and wheat free.Jump to Recipe
I am all about using wholesome, wholefood ingredients and this berry crumble recipe is no different. This recipe uses ingredients like organic rolled oats, flaked almonds, macadamia oil, pure maple syrup and organic berries. My favourite way to serve this crumble is warm with a few spoonfuls of coconut yoghurt. You could use whichever yoghurt you prefer. Or if you are serving for dessert serve with your favourite ice cream.
Let's Bake Berry Crumble
Crumble is one of those desserts that is easy to throw together in a pinch. It requires very few ingredients, almost zero baking skills and tastes so good it's hard to believe it was so easy to make. The first step to making this crumble recipe is to turn the oven on. Pretty hard right? Next step is to make the crumble. We do this by whisking together macadamia oil, vanilla essence and pure maple syrup. Measure out the brown rice flour, flaked almonds and rolled oats into a bowl. Now pour in the macadamia oil mixture and stir through, pushing the spoon down as you stir to get the crumble mixture nice and sticky.
Next, tip your berries of choice into a baking dish and sprinkle the oat crumble mixture on-top. Bake this crumble for at least 50 minutes so that the berries cook down nicely and get super juicy and bubbly.
You can serve this dairy free crumble straight away or store in the fridge to heat up the next day for breakfast.
Crumble Recipe Substitutions
There are so many variations of crumble and you can really get creative with the ingredients you have on hand. See my substitutions below:
- Instead of oats use flaked quinoa, rolled barley or spelt.
- Swap rolled oats for more flour.
- Instead of brown rice flour use any other flour you have on hand.
- Use raw honey instead of pure maple syrup.
- Swap extra virgin olive oil or rice bran oil for macadamia oil.
- Swap sunflower seeds for flaked almonds.
Loved this Oat Crumble Recipe? Try these...
- medium sized bowl
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- 4 cups mixed berries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup rolled oats wheat free, organic
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- 2 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon macadamia oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium sized bowl add the oats, flaked almonds and brown rice flour.1 cup rolled oats, ½ cup flaked almonds, 2 tablespoon brown rice flour
- Tip the macadamia oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup into a small bowl or cup. Whisk together to combine.3 tablespoon macadamia oil, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 3 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Pour oil mixture into oat mixture and stir to combine, using the spoon to push the mixture together as you stir.
- Add the berries to a small baking dish and sprinkle crumble mixture evenly over the top.4 cups mixed berries
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes or until top is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve straight away with yoghurt.