This Chamomile Milk Tea Latte is a creamy, caffeine free beverage, perfect for before bed. Chamomile tea is a herbal tea that can have calming effects on the nervous system. See how to make this sleepytime tea latte using dried chamomile flowers (or chamomile tea bags), your choice of milk, honey and cinnamon.
If you're craving a hot beverage but are experiencing anxiety, or trying to avoid caffeine then this caffeine-free tea latte is perfect for you! This latte is a lovely warm drink to add to your nightly routine.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
You'll love this honey chamomile tea latte recipe because:
- it can be made using non-dairy milk.
- it's a perfect addition to your calming nighttime routines.
- chamomile milk tea is perfect if you're looking for caffeine-free lattes.
- this recipe is naturally sweetened with honey.
To make this recipe you will need:
- dried chamomile flowers or chamomile tea bags
- almond milk (or your preference of milk)
- cinnamon stick
See recipe card for quantities.
- small saucepan
- french press or milk frother (optional)
- tea strainer or sieve
- large mug
- measuring cups and spoons
How to Make Chamomile Milk Tea Latte
STEP 1: Warm milk. Heat milk by adding milk, loose leaf chamomile or chamomile tea bags, honey and cinnamon stick to a small saucepan. Turn to a low-medium heat and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce heat to the lowest setting. Continue heating for 5 minutes to allow the chamomile and cinnamon flavors to infuse.
STEP 2: Strain. Pour milk through a tea strainer into a large mug. Top with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Hint: If you would like frothed milk, strain the latte into a french press and pump several times to froth the milk. Alternatively you can use a handheld frother or other type of milk frother.
There are some ingredients that can be substituted in this recipe.
- almond milk - use any other non dairy milk of choice (eg. soy milk, coconut milk or oat milk) or regular milk.
- cinnamon stick - use ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon to replace cinnamon stick. Alternatively swap for 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- honey - swap for any other sweetener of choice such as rapadura sugar, coconut sugar, pure maple syrup or stevia.
German Chamomile (Chamomilla recutita) and Roman Chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile) have many different health benefits and have been used therapeutically for:
- anti-inflammatory effects
- hay fever
- muscle spasms
- menstrual disorders
- gastrointestinal disorders
- rheumatic pain
- skin irritations
More commonly, you may think of a cup of chamomile tea for its calming effects. Chamomile tea has been found to help with relaxation and falling asleep more quickly. Because of this, as well as being caffeine free, chamomile milk tea is the perfect nighttime beverage.
Do You Have Anxiety?
If you're wanting to take chamomile to help with anxiety, I would recommend that you seek medical advice from your chosen healthcare practitioner. Anxiety can be complex and while herbal remedies are helpful, it is always best to be supported by a professional.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Milk frother optional
- Small saucepan
- Large mug
- Stainless steel tea strainer
- 2 teaspoon dried chamomile flowers or two chamomile tea bags
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 300 ml milk eg. Almond milk, soy milk, oat milk or regular milk
- 1 teaspoon honey or other sweetener
- pinch ground cinnamon optional
- Add the milk, chamomile (dried flowers or tea bags), cinnamon and honey to a small saucepan. Bring to a low-medium heat. Once simmering, reduce to the lowest heat for 4 minutes to allow flavors to infuse.2 teaspoon dried chamomile flowers, 1 cinnamon stick, 300 ml milk, 1 teaspoon honey
- Place a strainer over a mug and pour the hot milk through the strainer.
- Use a handheld milk frother to froth the milk if desired. See notes for other options to froth.
- Top with ground cinnamon to serve.pinch ground cinnamon
How to Froth MilkAs mentioned in the recipe you can use a handheld frother to froth milk. Alternatively you can:
- whisk the milk until frothy
- add milk to a french press and pump until frothy
- add to a milk frother
Did you make this recipe? Tell us how you went by giving the recipe a star rating and commenting below.
What a perfect latte for caring for yourself. ❤️ Im not a big chamomile fan but adore cinnamon, so maybe bringing them together would convert me into a chamomile drinker. Gorgeous!
Isn't cinnamon a dream! Thanks so much lovely, I hope you like it! If not, maybe you could try cinnamon and rose? Have a wonderful day!