This gluten free chocolate loaf recipe is moist and rich while balanced out well with bursts of tangy sweetness from the raspberries. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.Jump to Recipe
This chocolate loaf recipe requires ingredients that I commonly use in my gluten free baked goods. These include:
- buckwheat flour (available from most supermarkets and bulk food stores)
- almond meal (blanched or natural is fine)
- tapioca starch (also known as tapioca flour)
- baking powder (try to source aluminium free if possible)
- coconut sugar (or Rapadura sugar)
- cacao powder
- vanilla essence
- pure maple syrup (be careful not to buy maple flavoured syrup)
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh raspberries
How to Make Gluten Free Chocolate Raspberry Loaf
Making this loaf is just about as simple as mixing the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another bowl and then mixing them both together.
Coconut sugar can be quite lumpy. Make sure to remove lumps by pressing down each lump with the back of a spoon. Then use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients together - using a whisk helps to add air to the mixture.
Add the Raspberries
The final step is to add the raspberries. I like to use fresh raspberries but you can use frozen if fresh raspberries are out of season. I like to reserve around 8 raspberries to place on the top of the loaf before it goes into the oven.
Pour the mixture into a baking paper lined loaf tin and press the reserved fresh raspberries into the top of the uncooked loaf.
Baking Dairy Free Chocolate Loaf
Bake the gluten free chocolate raspberry loaf at 170 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until crispy on the outside and a skewer comes out clean when pressed into the centre.
Allow the loaf to sit in the tin for around 5 minutes out of the oven before removing from the tin and placing onto a cooling rack.
Serving Chocolate Raspberry Loaf
This loaf needs to be cooled to room temperature before slicing to prevent crumbling. Due to the gluten free nature of the loaf, be extra careful when slicing to prevent it from falling apart.
Pin Me For Later
- 2 mixing bowls
- measuring cups and spoons
- Baking Paper
- Loaf Tin
- ¾ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 250 g raspberries fresh
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Sieve buckwheat flour, baking powder, tapioca starch and cacao powder into a large mixing bowl. Add in the almond meal and coconut sugar and whisk to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup and olive oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Reserve 8 raspberries and add remaining raspberries to the mixture. Fold raspberries through mixture to combine.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking paper lined loaf tin, spreading out so that it is even. Press the remaining raspberries into the top of the loaf.
- Place the loaf into the oven and bake for one hour and 10 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when pushed into the centre. Allow to sit in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Love this Chocolate Raspberry Loaf Recipe? Try these...
Did you Try This Recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.