Turkish Delight is definitely one of my all time favourite flavours. If there was ever a box of, well I won't say the brand name so I'll just say smadbury, chocolates going around then Turkish Delight would be my first pick. Yeah, yeah, you're thinking "But you're a nutritionist, you wouldn't eat smadbury chocolate!". Well you're right, I think it's waaaaay too high in sugar and junk but I can't go past Turkish delight if it's shoved in my face - which is why I created these (drum roll please) Turkish Delight Protein Balls. All the flavour of Turkish delight but none of the refined sugar or preservatives that's in the *ahem* smadbury *ahem* version.
By the way, I first tried Turkish delight as a kid after watching The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe - you know the bit where the witch says to Edward that he can have any food he desires and he asks for Turkish Delight and then it just appears in this amazing silver box tied up with a silver ribbon? Yup, that bit. I begged mum to buy me some afterwards and she did and it's been love ever since.
P.S. If you don't dig Turkish Delight than why don't you try my regular Protein Balls?
- 12 medjool dates pitted
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups almonds
- 3 teaspoon rose water
- 2 tblsp extra virgin coconut oil
- pistachios and rose petals for rolling
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor, blend until well combined and mixture stays together when pressed into a ball.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on a plate. When rolling balls you will need to press the mixture together first before rolling.
- In a blender, blitz the rose petals and pistachios separately so that they are a course powder. Roll the turkish delight balls in the pistachio or rose powder. Alternatively, desiccated coconut can be used for rolling.
- Store the protein balls in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (freezer if they are being stored for longer then one week).
The whole family loves these protein balls. We have made them so many times.
That's so lovely! Thank you for sharing, they're one of my favourites as well x
These Turkish Delight bliss balls are the absolute best! Love love love!!
Definitely one of my faves.
I'm so glad you love them, they're one of my faves as well!