Peanut butter and chocolate. The end. Seriously though, need I say more? What I will say is this, for this recipe to be as delicious as it is you need to use quality peanut butter. Not that nasty stuff with added oils and sugars. Just good old fashioned natural PB, no added nothing except for a jar full of awesome. My favourite brands and places to get natural peanut butter from are:
Equally as important as getting quality peanut butter is getting quality dark chocolate. The brand I use for this recipe is Loving Earth as it is dairy free and refined sugar free (with no artificial sweeteners). I am all kinds of obsessed with their chocolates as they are really delicious but have no nasties. Definitely winning.
On a side note, these peanut butter and chocolate balls are really delicious and addictive so be prepared for them to disappear from your fridge quickly.
P.S. This is not a sponsored post, I just really love these brands and shops and wanted to share them with you.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 2 tblsp extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- 12 medjool dates pitted
- 100 grams quality dark chocolate refined sugar free and dairy free
- Place all ingredients except for the chocolate into a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roughly break up the chocolate and add to the food processor.
- Pulse the mixture until the chocolate is just combined.
- Roll into balls and place in an airtight container or jar and store in the fridge.