This creamy garlic salad dressing is 100% worth the hype. Filled with flavour, you can use this homemade dressing to dress potato salad, pasta salad or chopped salad. Or use as a delicious dipping sauce for homemade fries. This sauce is for all of the garlic lovers.
I've used this creamy garlic dressing recipe to douse my Creamy Potato Salad in, which you should definitely try because it is SO good. I've made this recipe using fresh garlic but you could also make it using roasted garlic cloves.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
This homemade salad dressing is absolutely delicious and so quick and easy to make.
- this healthier creamy garlic dressing uses yoghurt instead of sour cream for a lighter dressing.
- it has the perfect amount of fresh garlic.
- perfect for salads or as a dipping sauce.
- this creamy dressing has no added sugar.
- so much healthier then store-bought salad dressings.
Ingredients & Substitutions
This recipe is made using easy to find simple ingredients. Below is a list of what you will need as well as some possible swaps for special diets.
- Mayonnaise - it's important to use a good quality, whole egg mayonnaise. However, if you have an egg allergy or are vegan you can swap for a vegan mayonnaise.
- Greek yoghurt - to make dairy free you can swap Greek Yoghurt for a natural, unsweetened coconut yoghurt or your favourite unsweetened natural dairy free yoghurt.
- Dijon mustard (yellow mustard)
- Wholegrain mustard (seeded mustard)
- Fresh garlic - minced. can be swapped for ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, but fresh or roasted garlic is best.
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
All of the ingredient quantities can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Creamy Garlic Dressing
Just like all of my salad dressing recipes, this creamy dressing is quick and easy to make (made in under 5 minutes!).
Add the cup of mayonnaise and Greek yoghurt, dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard, fresh garlic, salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy. Done!
Store this dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to Use
Healthy eating doesn't have to be boring - this dressing turns even the most boring vegetable or basic ingredients into a delicious delight! There are so many ways to use this salad dressing but here are some of my favourites.
- combine with cooked pasta, thinly sliced green onion and other thinly sliced fresh veggies to make pasta salad.
- drizzle over cooked potatoes for my Creamy Potato Salad (pictured below).
- serve alongside carrot sticks for a delicious afternoon tea or snack.
- toss through kale to make a kale salad.
- serve with homemade sweet potato fries.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Garlic mincer
- 1 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- pinch sea salt
- 1 clove garlic minced
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Add the mayonnaise, Greek yoghurt, dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard, sea salt, minced garlic and cracked black pepper to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk until the dressing is well combined, smooth and creamy.
- Use to dress tender cooked potato for potato salad, aldente pasta for pasta salad or any other salad. Or use as a dipping sauce for homemade fries.
- pasta salad
- potato salad
- dipping sauce for homemade fries
Leave a Reply