Ice cream season is definitely upon us and what better way to start it then with a classic. This vanilla bean ice cream is creamy and indulgent, despite being dairy free. Being dairy intolerant, the one thing that I really feel like I miss out on in Summer-time is ice cream. Well, no more missing out because I've perfected my recipe and rest assured, there will be a batch in my freezer all throughout Summer.
This Vanilla Bean Ice Cream recipe contains only 7 ingredients and is a synch to make. You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe. I purchased my ice cream maker only a few months ago and I can say hands down that it was worth the investment. You can pick them up for as cheap as around $50 in Australia. I've been experimenting with some fruitier versions as well so stay tuned for those my Southern Hemisphere friends! [& my Northern Hemisphere friends if ice-cream in winter is your jam].
Actually, come to think of it, this would be the perfect addition to a warm winter crumble so have at it Northern Hemisphere friends!
I was able to find some gluten free waffle cones at my local supermarket. I dipped mine in melted dark chocolate and then sprinkled toasted, chopped hazelnuts over the chocolate. I then popped them into the fridge to set the chocolate. You could also get creative with this recipe by adding in dark choc bits or chopped strawberries to mix things up a bit.
Check out the recipe below. Don't forget to tag @ournourishingtable #ournourishingtable on Instagram or Facebook when you make one of my recipes. I love sharing your creations with our community. Fun! Make sure to follow my page while you're there for more behind the scenes action!
Pin Me For Later
Pin this image to Pinterest to save for later.
- Ice Cream Churner
- Cheese Cloth or Nut Milk Bag
- Loaf Tin
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight in water
- 3 cups water
- 270 mL coconut milk pure & tinned
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 vanilla bean pods seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- pinch sea salt
- The night before making, place drum of ice cream maker into freezer and soak cashews in a bowl of water, covered.
- The next day, drain cashews and run under fresh water. Place into a blender along with 3 cups of water and blend for around 2 minutes.
- Pour cashew milk through a nut milk bag or cheese cloth sto strain.
- Rinse out blender and then return cashew milk to blender. Add coconut milk, pure maple syrup, vanilla seeds, guar gum and salt and blend on high for 1 minute.
- Remove ice cream churner drum from freezer. Assemble ice cream maker by placing drum into machine along with the arm and top with the lid. Turn ice cream machine on and carefully pour ice cream mixture into drum.
- Allow to churn for 30 minutes or until soft serve consistency. Once the ice cream is soft serve consistency, pour into a loaf tin and place in freezer to set for a further 4 hours.
If you would like to learn a bit more about me and the my health ethos, click here.
Leave a Reply