Fig, prosciutto and goats cheese with rocket (arugula) and an apple cider vinegar salad dressing. The sweetness of the figs in this healthy salad recipe is contrasted perfectly with peppery rocket, salty prosciutto and tangy, creamy goats cheese. The perfect salad for your next dinner party or barbecue!Jump to Recipe
The ingredients for this uncomplicated yet delicious fig and goats cheese salad can all be found at your supermarket. They include:
- goats chèvre
- prosciutto (preferably preservative free)
- fresh figs
- apple cider vinegar
- raw honey
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I always opt for cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, not just plain olive oil, as it is much less processed and processed under cooler temperatures. This means that the nutrients, particularly the natural oils, are left intact and fresh.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
If available, it is best to purchase apple cider vinegar with the mother. Apple cider vinegar is created through a fermentation process and contains beneficial bacteria. In many apple cider vinegar products this is removed as it gives the vinegar a murky appearance. Don't be concerned by the murkiness though, the mother is full of beneficial bacteria and is excellent for gut health! Therefore it is best to buy ACV with the mother!
How to Make this Healthy Salad Recipe!
Ok, this prosciutto, fig and goats cheese salad is a SINCH to make. Like, super easy guys & gals! Here's how:
- Firstly add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar, pop the lid on and shake it off, shake it off like Taylor Swift.
- Next add the rinsed rocket to a salad bowl and top with sliced figs, torn prosciutto and goats chèvre.
- Top the salad with your apple cider vinegar salad dressing and wallah! Done!
A few tips, if you're making this salad ahead of time (ie. you're making a few hours before you plan to serve) then refrain from dressing the salad. Just leave the dressing in the jar with the lid on, on the bench top until you're ready to serve.
What to Serve Prosciutto, Fig and Goats Cheese Salad With
This salad is perfect on its own as a healthy lunch OR serve alongside your favourite protein at your next dinner party or barbecue. We love:
- Grilled rib eye fillet
- Lemon & Herb grilled chicken breast
For vegetarians, simply leave out the prosciutto and instead add about half a cup of Puy lentils. Serve alongside grilled, seasoned tofu.
Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing
I love using apple cider vinegar for salad dressings as it has a beautiful flavour as some health benefits like:
- Adding an apple cider vinegar dressing to your salad actually helps your digestive system to break down the food you are eating more effectively, therefore you obtain more nutrients from your foods.
- Consuming extra virgin olive oil with your salad helps you to absorb the fat soluble vitamins from the salad more effectively. This includes vitamin a, e, d and k.
- This salad dressing helps to lower the glycemic index of the salad, keeping you full and satisfied for longer.
Pin For Later
Love this healthy salad recipe? Try these...
- Chopping Board
- Sharp knife
- Jar with lid
- 4 figs stem removed, quartered lengthways
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 120 g goats chèvre
- 120 g rocket rinsed
Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing
- 30 mL apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 40 mL extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Add the apple cider vinegar, honey, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper to a jar. Place the lid on tightly and shake vigourosly until well combined. Set aside.
- To a salad bowl or serving platter add the rocket. Top with the sliced fig. Tear up the strips of prosciutto and arrange them on top of the salad. Top with crumbled goats chevre.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the salad dressing over the salad, being cautious not to overdress. Store any excess salad dressing in the jar with the lid on in the fridge.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and commenting below.