This yummy Savoury Pumpkin & Zucchini Loaf is gluten free and dairy free. It is delicious to eat all on it's own or topped with avocado & a soft boiled egg for a savoury, nutritionally balanced breakfast.Jump to Recipe
Ingredients for Zucchini Bread
To make this gluten free zucchini bread you will need the following ingredients:
- zucchini (derrr)
- butternut pumpkin (steamed & mashed)
- extra virgin olive oil
- almond meal
- brown rice flour
- coconut flour
- tapioca flour
- baking powder
- quality sea salt
This recipe is very straight forward to make! Simply mix the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another bowl and then combine.
This zucchini loaf recipe worked out perfectly with the ingredients listed. However if you are having trouble finding some ingredients or are trying to avoid the shops at the moment (I don't blame you!) then here are some swaps that you can make.
- Swap butternut pumpkin for jap pumpkin or sweet potato.
- Extra virgin olive oil and can swapped out for any other mild flavoured oil that you have on hand.
- Eggs can be swapped for flax eggs (I haven't tested this though so don't have me if it doesn't work perfectly).
- Buckwheat flour can be used instead of brown rice flour.
- Corn flour can be used instead of tapioca flour.
If you need help with substitutions please leave a comment below and I'll do my best to help you out!
Zucchini Loaf Serving Suggestions
Everyone needs a delicious zucchini bread in their arsenal and this gut friendly loaf is a keeper. Here are some ways to serve this gluten free zucchini and pumpkin bread.
- Topped with avocado & soft boiled eggs.
- Toasted & topped with beetroot hummus.
- Warmed and slathered with grass fed butter or ghee (or your favourite vegan butter if dairy intolerant).
- Topped with nut butter & banana slices for a salty/sweet combo.
Every time we eat is a chance to nourish our bodies. This pumpkin and zucchini bread recipe is loaded with nutrients that do just that. Here are some of the key nutrients in this loaf.
- Beta Carotene - an antioxidant and the precursor to vitamin A, beta carotene is an important nutrient for the immune system & respiratory system.
- Potassium - potassium is a mineral that helps to regulate fluid balance in the body. It is beneficial for reducing blood pressure, nerve signalling and muscle contraction.
- Vitamin A - not only important for a healthy immune system & respiratory health, vitamin A is important for skin health, eye health and good vision.
- Protein - protein is essential for building and maintaining muscle mass, producing neurotransmitters, maintaining blood sugar levels and so many more important activities throughout the body. Getting enough protein at each meal is essential for good health.
- Fibre - not only does fibre help to reduce the glycemic index of a food, maintaining a healthy weight and reducing cholesterol, fibre also helps to promote good gut health by feeding beneficial bacteria and promoting regular bowel movements.
- Vitamin E - an antioxidant nutrient, vitamin E promote a healthy heart, reduce inflammation, increase healing and reduce risk of cancer.
There are so many more amazing nutrients in this zucchini and pumpkin bread recipe but these are just some of the highlights.
Pin Me For Later
Loved this Zucchini Bread recipe? Try these...
- Saucepan & Steamer
- Mixing Bowls
- measuring spoons and cups
- 2 cups butternut pumpkin diced
- 1 zucchini finely grated
- ⅔ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups almond meal blanched
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder aluminium free
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Spray a loaf tin with olive oil and line with baking paper.
- Add diced pumpkin to a steamer atop a saucepan of water. Place the lid on and turn heat to high. Steam pumpkin until soft enough to easily break apart with a fork. Remove from heat and add to a heat proof bowl. Mash the pumpkin until smooth with no lumps.
- In a seperate large mixing bowl add the almond meal, tapioca flour, brown rice flour, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- To the pumpkin add the extra virgin olive oil, zucchini and eggs. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well combined and all flour is mixed through.
- Scrape the mixture into the preprepared loaf tin and place in oven. Bake for 55 minutes or until golden on top and skewer comes out clean when pushed into the centre of the loaf.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how you went by rating the recipe and leaving a comment below.